As many of you asked when I posted a story on Instagram of my blueberry cake, I thought here is a good place to share the recipe with you. I'm not going to write a long post about it since I'm far from being a blogger! I hope you'll give it a try and like it as my family it (the cake lasted literally 36 hours).
Blueberry Cake with Almond and Cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberry
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line and butter a 9-inch tart pan or round cake pan.
- Whisk together the almond flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together until the mixture is super light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and with the mixer on medium, add the eggs one at a time, beating until each one is incorporated, followed by the vanilla. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until the mixture is pale and nearly doubled in volume, 4-5 minutes. Fold in the almond mixture until no dry spots remain. Gently add 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries by hand.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared tart pan and, using a spatula or the back of a spoon, smooth the top. You can sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar on top (which I personally don't). Bake until the cake is deeply golden brown and pulls away from the edges slightly, 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing.
Note: The cake can be baked 4 days ahead, wrapped tightly and stored at room temperature.
Recipe by Alison Roman